Aaron Justus, Ballast Point’s director of research and development, and Chris Takecuchi, R&D Brewer, join us to talk about the California-based brewery, the Brothers Gus release, how R&D works at a brewery, Ballast Point’s history, how they got into the industry and more.
Aaron Justus, Ballast Point’s director of research and development, and Chris Takecuchi, R&D Brewer for Ballast Point, join us at the 1-minute mark.
- ONE TOUGH QUESTION: What’s your favorite snack food?
- What is an R&D Brewer? (4 min mark/ 6:15 mark good clip)
- Is it more than just drinking beer all day?
- The Brothers Gus, Let’s talk the Wee Gus
- Why try to make a clear beer this way?
- How do you guys come up with new beers? And do you literally do 150 different recipes at the R&D facility?
- How long can it take a beer to go from idea to market?
- What’s the feeling when one final hits the taps or even the stores?
- Let’s talk and try the other brother, Big Gus
- Why go away from the haze craze?
- What’s it like working for Ballast Point, celebrating 25 years and started from home brewers in San Diego? (37 mark)
- How did you all get into brewing?
- What’s next for Ballast Point?