Country artist and outdoorsman Lucas Hoge joins us to talk about his Sportsman Channel show Hoge Wild, traveling the world, his love of the great outdoors, growing up in a small town, getting into music, his music journey, new single Staying in Touch, supporting charities and more. Plus, Chad Watson joins us for Tasting Notes to talk about his month-long Blanton’s Challenge and what he learned from it.
- Introduction to show
- On this week’s “Tasting Notes”, Chad Watson, aka MyDailyBourbon on Instagram and part of the Bourbon Life crew, talks about his month-long Blanton’s challenge and what he learned from it (starts around the 1-minute mark)
Lucas Hoge, chart topping country artist and host of Sportsman Channel series GSM’s Hoge Wild, joins us around the 7-minute mark.
- How often is your name said wrong?
- What are you drinking?
- So how was your recent trip to South Africa?
- How did you end up hosting a TV show on the Sportsman Channel?
- What’s the coolest or your favorite place you’ve gotten to visit?
- What is it that draws you to the outdoors? And sharing that with others?
- Growing up in small town in Nebraska, how did that impact your career? Both the music and the outdoorsman?
- Is it true that your hometown of 44 helped send you off to Nashville with $2,500?
- How did you end up in music? I know you started playing guitar at 17.
- You’re a chart topping country artist, but you had a southern rock band and a worship band while in college?
- From the Opry stage to sharing the stage with legends, what’s the journey been like for you?
- Who/what type of music did you grow up with or influenced you?
- New single Stay in Touch
- Are you working toward a new album?
- Between the show and playing music, do you take much down time?
- Supporting charity, humanitarian efforts, military, why are those so important to you?
- Anything else folks can expect from you in 2022?
For more on Lucas, check out https://www.lucashoge.com/ or find him on social media.