Coyle Girelli, multi-platinum musician and songwriter, joins us to talk about his new album Funland, how this album differs from his previous album, growing up in England, how his solo sound differs from his previous bands, working with BTS/Macklemore/others and what folks can expect from him in 2022. Plus, Kevin Patterson joins us for Tasting Notes to talk about the many styles of barrel-aged beers and what to expect with each.
- Introduction to show
- On this week’s “Tasting Notes”, Kevin Patterson, a Cicerone and National Beer Judge, talks about the variety of barrel-aged beers and what to expect from each (starts around the 1-minute mark)
Coyle Girelli, multiplatinum musician, songwriter and composer, joins us at the 9-minute mark.
- What are you drinking?
- I’ve looked at your social media and your photos make you look very serious, do you smile and have fun?
- What would you be doing if you weren’t in music?
- Why did you launch your own label/agency in Honey Lemon Records?
- How would you describe your solo music style?
- How does your style differ from your bands Your Vegas and The Chevin?
- How did growing up in England impact your music or influence you?
- Who/what type of music did you grow up with or influenced you?
- When did you know this was something you wanted to pursue?
- You’re a writer/producer/composer, what’s it like working behind the scenes?
- You’ve also written/worked with folks across many genres, how’s that? Is it difficult to go from Coyle Girelli music to Macklemore and BTS?
- When writing, are you drawing from an experience or an idea?
- You just released your second solo album Funland, what can folks expect on that?
- How does this album compare to your first solo album Love Kills?
- What can folks expect from you in 2022?
For more on Coyle, check out https://www.coyle-girelli.com/ or find them on social media.