We are Under the Influence of Beer this roundtable as Master Cicerone Neil Witte and BeerCrunchers.com founder Doug Veliky join us. We hit on a variety of topics, including seltzers taking over taps at the bar, production declining in 2020 a trend, concept bars exploding and the importance of packaging (and augmented reality?).
We kick off May with our third Under the Influence Roundtable Series and our focus is craft beer. Panel includes: Neil Witte, Master Cicerone, and Owner/Founder of TapStar and Craft Quality Solutions; and Doug Veliky, chief strategy office for Revolution Brewing and founder of BeerCrunchers.com. Plus some email ramblings from Bryan Roth, editor and writer at GoodBeerHunting and director of the North American Guild of Beer Writers.
- Panel introduction
- ONE TOUGH QUESTION: What’s the best way to enjoy ice cream? Cone, waffle cone, cup or milkshake?
- Seltzers over taking craft beer on taps eventually?
- Small and independent beer production declined in 2020, is this a sign?
- Concept bars for craft beer (i.e. dog parks, Top Golf, etc.)
- Importance of packaging from the boxes to the cans (plus augmented reality coming??)
STORY ON AUGMENTED REALITY: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/augmented-reality-for-craft-beer-industry-packaging-to-follow-301261225.html