Country musician and Kentucky native Taylor Austin Dye talks about her love of whiskey, her latest releases, how she got into music, being on the road touring, what’s in store for 2022 and more. Plus, Jake Sulek joins us for Tasting Notes to talk about holiday cocktails and the joys of eggnog.
- Introduction to show
- On this week’s “Tasting Notes”, Jake Sulek, Beverage Director/Partner with The Professors LLC, talks how to make and enjoy eggnog plus some Christmas/New Year’s cocktails (starts around the 1-minute mark)
Taylor Austin Dye, Kentucky native and country artist, joins us at the 7-minute mark.
- What are you drinking tonight?
- I think I saw you on social media enjoying a drink while recording
- How would you describe your style of music?
- What got you into music?
- Who/what type of music did you grow up with or influenced you?
- Growing up in Kentucky and its impact?
- Seemed like you were destined to be in Nashville though
- When writing songs, do you pull from personal experiences or just have an idea?
- Do you ever look back at songs you wrote and go what was I thinking?
- You’re on the road a lot, how is that?
- What’s your favorite part of performing?
- What’s the coolest place you’ve gotten to go?
- Your fans, the Ride or Dyes, and getting to meet them
- TikTok and how that’s a platform you enjoy?
- The song Mean and sharing it with your mother
- Music is you, when you’re just playing it sounds the same, and that’s a good thing!
- Did you ever expect this to be your life? Making music, releasing albums, going on tours, etc.?
- What would you be doing if you weren’t in music?
- What can folks expect from you at a show?
- What’s coming up in 2022 for you?
For more on Taylor Austin Dye, check out https://tayloraustindye.com/or find her on social media.