It’s a bourbon Flight Night as we enjoy a three experimental finishes of Traverse City Whiskey and talk with co-founder Chris Fredrickson. The crew for flight night includes: D. or the @vabourbonhunter on Instagram; and Chris, or @Jefftherabb1t on Instagram. We enjoy their Cab Franc, Sherry Cask and Port finishes.
Chris Fredrickson, co-founder of Traverse City Whiskey Co., joins us for Flight Night VI.
- Introduction of the panel
- ONE TOUGH QUESTION (Icebreaker): What’s your favorite summer time activity?
- FIRST UP: Cab Franc – 100% straight rye whiskey aged for more than five years and finished for an additional nine months in Cabernet Franc barrels from an artisan Northern Michigan Winery
- How did you all get started?
- What was the original plan and how has that changed?
- Where do you get your whiskey?
- SECOND UP: Sherry Cask – high-rye bourbon aged for more than five years and finished for an additional nine months in Pedro Ximenez Sherry Barrels that were hand built in the Jerez Region of Southern Spain.
- How did you come up with the proof?
- Finding the patents and family history in distilling
- THIRD UP: Port – five-year aged straight bourbon whiskey finished for an additional nine months in massive 300L ruby port wine barrels
- Releasing these?
- Expansion of distribution?
- New facility
- A whiskey seltzer?
- Other products
- What’s next for you all