Bridgette Taylor, founder of Harridan Vodka, joins us to talk about creating a unique vodka, going the higher proof route, getting creative with bottle/label designs, their paranormal reserve limited edition release, Halloween cocktails and more.
Bridgette Taylor, founder of Harridan Vodka, joins us at the 1-minute mark.
- Tell us about yourself
- How did you come up with the name Harridan, which means “bossy, belligerent, old woman”?
- Handcrafted vodka and partnering with Myer Farm and Joe Myer
- Sourcing ingredients that are local to you all
- Why go with a high-proof vodka at 88 proof? You even want it to be sipped?
- What was the process for finding that unique flavor?
- The bottle is hand blown and made from recycled glass, how important was that and then coming up with the design?
- Harridan Vodka Paranormal Reserve limited edition bottles: the Villisca Axe Murder House, the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum, and the Farm on Round Top Road.
- Why go the route of limited or more fun releases?
- Launching a vodka during the early days of COVID-19 and while you were finishing business school?
- Getting your brand into stores, did you have pushback?
- I know you got into mixology during the pandemic, what are some of your favorite cocktails?
- You all have some Halloween cocktails, can you talk about those?
- Where can folks find Harridan or order it?
- What’s next for you (any more brands releases) and Harridan?
SHOW PARTNER: Check out Nose Your Bourbon social media and their website so you can train your nose to find the nuances in bourbon. Visit noseyourbourbon.com for the Original Nosing Kit, the expansion kit and more.