As we inch closer to Halloween, author Kierra Sondereker talks about her new book “Mixology and Murder” which features cocktails inspired by true crime stories. Kierra talks about the book, what it was like researching both the stories and cocktails, what she learned during her research, her favorite cocktails, coming up with new spins on some classic cocktails, how the book has changed her and more.
Kierra Sondereker, author of Mixology and Murder, joins us at the 1-minute mark.
- Tell us about yourself
- How did you come up with the idea for a book like this? Did it start with conversations with you sister and enjoying a cocktail?
- Who might this book be for? True crime lover? Cocktail lover? All the above?
- How much research went into this book?
- Was it difficult pairing a cocktail to an event or person?
- How did you come up with the cocktails spin?
- Why did the JonBenet Ramsey case stick out to you so much?
- What were some of the most interesting true crime story you found for this book? That you might not of known of prior?
- What was the most fun cocktail to create? Or one/two you keep making?
- What are some of your favorite true crime shows/podcasts?
- With your interests in true crime and then doing this book, how has that changed you?
- Where can folks find the book?
SHOW PARTNER: Check out Nose Your Bourbon social media and their website so you can train your nose to find the nuances in bourbon. Visit noseyourbourbon.com for the Original Nosing Kit, the expansion kit and more.