Jeff Evans, CEO/co-founder of Mean Mule Distilling Co from Kansas City, joins us to talk about making agave spirits in America, how it differs from tequila, how they got their start, sharing where the name comes from, building the path for others to produce agave spirits in the US, what’s next and so much more.
Jeff Evans, CEO/co-founder of Mean Mule Distilling Co from Kansas City, joins us at the 1-minute mark.
- ONE TOUGH QUESTION (Icebreaker): Have you always enjoyed learning or has that changed over time?
- What drew you to launching a spirits company?
- How was it learning to distill on a homemade still in a garage?
- How did you all come up with the name Mean Mule?
- What’s American Agave Spirits?
- How close is it to Tequila?
- Where does your agave come from and what do you use?
- Was it difficult to find an agave farmer?
- Did you try other agaves or go for the Weber Blue Agave from the beginning?
- How do you all distill your spirits? Use a still like other distillers?
- Silver American Agave Spirit, won gold at the San Francisco
- Gold American Agave Spirit
- Heritage American Agave Spirit
- Flavor profiles for each?
- What can folks expect if they get to visit Mean Mule?
- Cocktails and education
- What’s next for you all?